Badung Regency is located on the southern part of Bali Island bordering Denpasar Special City and Tabanan Regency on the west. The regency shapes like a Keris, an traditional weapon of ancient Javanese and Hndus, representing a heroic spirit of Perang Puputan [Puputan War]. Badung was called Nambangan. It was I Gusti Ngurah Made Pemecutan who changed name from Nambangan to Badung, after succeeding in conquer Mengwi and Jembrana in 1810.
Badung Regency covers the area of 418.52 square and is divided to 6 sub district such as Mengwi as its capital city, Petang, Abiansemal, Kuta, North Kuta, and South Kuta. Badung Regency has population up to 332.200 people, based on the statistic in 2001, with average population of 720 people per square km, mostly living in southern part as the center of tourism business. Most of the people work as a part of tourism industry at southern part and as farmer at northern part. Agriculture is well developed in the northern part of Badung, but its primary income comes from the tourism industry around Kuta, Kerobokan, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa and Jimbaran. Thus makes Badung to be the only regency in Bali which has the biggest income.
Tourism objects are easily found in Badung including
- Kuta - Wide range selection of accommodations, restaurants, shops and other tourist facilities.
- Jimbaran - Also well known for its white beaches with many private villas and beachfront open air cafes and resaturants.
- Uluwatu - Famous as one of best surfing point in the world. Some of beaches there are still natural, such as Suluban beach, Uluwatu Beach, Labuan Sait Beach, Nyang nyang beaches, Impossible beach and Padang Padang beach. Do not forget to visit Luhur Uluwatu Temple to watch traditional dances.
- Ayung River - It is the largest river at Bali. Well known with its white water rafting
- Nungnung Waterfall - 50m high waterfall, located at Nungnung village 900m above the sea level
- Gatot Kaca Statue
- Sadha Kapal Temple
- Sangeh Monkey Forest - Natural park with hundred of monkey live inside it.
- Tanah Wuuk - Beautiful River valley next to Penet River hidden with rice field.
- Tanjung Benoa -Location of luxury hotel and water sport activities
- Taman Ayun Temple
- Traditional Village of Baha - Located not too far from Taman Ayun temple. Here you can see traditional village of Bali
- Nusa Dua - Location of stars hotel and fine dinning.
- Petang and Pelaga Village - Location of agro tourism industry where vegetable, coffee, vanilla, corn, and more grow in the right climate 800m above the sea level
Accommodation in Badung Regency
Travellers may easily find accommodation and hotels in Badung Regency spreading over Kuta, Jimbaran, Seminyak. Kerobokan, Canggu, Nusa Dua, Tuban Legian. Most hotels and accommodation in Badung Regency features with discount prices.
Tours in Bali
Adventure Tours Bali - Bali Cycling Tours - Bali Golf Tour - Bali Multi Day Tours - Bali Round Trip - Bali Sea Cruises - Bali Spa Package - Bali Trekking Adventures - Bali White Water Rafting - Sightseeing Tours in Bali
Komodo National Park and Flores Adventure Tours
1 Day Komodo Tour - 2 Days Komodo Rince Tour - 2 Days Komodo Tour - 3 Days Komodo Bidadari Island Tour - 3 Days Komodo Diving - 3 Days Komodo Tour - 4 Days Kelimutu Lake Tour - 4 Days Komodo Diving - 4 Days Komodo Tour - 5 Days Flores Overland Tour - 5 Days Komodo Diving - 6 Days Komodo Wae Rebo Village Tour - 7 Dya Flores Overland Tour - 8 Days Flores Overland Tour
1 Day Bali Yogyakarta Borodudur Tour - 1 Day Yogyakarta Borobudur Tour - 2 Days Bali Borobudur Sunrise Tour - 2 Days Yogyakarta Tour - 3 Days Bali Yogyakarta Bromo Tour - 4 Days Bali Yogyakarta Bromo Tour - 4 Days Yogyakarta Bromo Overland Tour - 5 Days Yogyakarta Merapi Solo Tour - 6 Days Yogyakarta Bromo Kalibaru Tour - 6 Days Yogyakarta Merapi Bromo Tour
Orangutan Tours and Borneo Indonesia Adventures
2 Days Balikpapan Orangutan Tour - 2 Days Banjarmasin Floating Market Tour - 3 Days Balikpapan Orangutan Tour - 3 Days Banjarmasin Tour - 3 Days Mahakam River Tour - 3 Days OrangUtan Tour - 4 Days Balikpapan Orangutan Tour - 4 Days Dayak Tour - 4 Days Mahakam River Tour - 4 Days Orangutan Tour - 4 Days Orangutan Trekking Tour - 5 Days Dayak Tribe Loksado Tour - 5 Days Derawan Sangalaki Island Tour - 5 Days Mahakam River Tour - 5 Days Orangutan Borneo Tour - 5 Days Orangutan Trekking Tour - 6 Days Banjarmasin Tour - 6 Days Borneo Orangutan Tour - 6 Days Mahakam River Tour - 6 Days Orangutan Dayak Tour - 6 Days Orangutan Tour Dayak Bekonsu - 7 Days Orangutan Tour - 9 Days Orangutan and Dayak Tour - 10 Days Orangutan Adventure and Dayak Culture Tour